Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fetish Geisha part 2




Hmm... a few too many glasses turned into a few too many bottles of wine I'm afriad and I got up to a lot of mischief which did not include finishing this blog post... However, here I am with the final half of the Fetish Geisha transformation...












Firsly let me say that I did lots of research on the net for Geisha make up and hair but wanted to fit in to the Goth scene too so I went quite overboard... However, upon arriving at the club, I realized I could have done a lot more and still looked relatively normal compared with the majority of the audience! I love the way my hair turned out.. I used 3 peices of fake hair, tied into buns and pinned them to my head and then combed my own hair over the buns. I wish I had enough hair not to need the fake bits.. but alas.

I used the body paint from Trygve's movie to do the white face and spent ages trying to get it all even and smooth... You can't see the delicious red glittery lips in the pictures but I loved them too!

Did I mention that I sipped on a whiskey for some dutch courage while applying the makeup?




So off we went, my partner and his delightful daughter in tow... As I said before, as soon as we arrived at Gotham, I realized that one really and truly CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH MAKE UP ON in a goth club!




We stood in a little passage way and waited to be toldby our manager Fox that it was time to take to the stage, Trygve admiring the photo's on the wall of nipples clamped in clothes pegs... This made me a little nervous... I wasn't even wearing pasties... let along pegs!

Anyway, the time came to take my teetering (have you seen how high those heels are?), corseted body onto the stage and flutter my silk fans... My beautiful chinese music sounded completely out of place and throughout my whole performance I felt like a happy little butterfly... the soundtrack in my head singing "happy happy happy... I'm so happy". This was funny because the audience were all dressed in black and there wasn't a smile to be seen from anywhere in the smokey venue! I eventually started feeling desperate and sidled up to Helna, of Wolf Corsets... in my opinon the Goth Queen of Cape Town, and did a little shoulder shimmy with my silk wrapped around her neck! She managed a slight grimace!


Thank God my music came to an end and I took my happy little butterfly self back to the passage and the safety of my stepdaughter and the encouraging smiles of Diva Disa Star and Fox. 'At least they clapped for you... that doesn't happen often in this place' said the Diva.


Goth club conquered!! Next is the Halloween party, Horror Hospital.... I don't know why they can't just have something GLAMOROUS!! Hopefully the traditional burlesque will soon catch up with the beasties stuff... I don't know how much horror I can handle.




Till next time

Lady M





No comments: