Friday, October 23, 2009

Best of Burlesque Competition - Lady Magnolia on the judges panel...

I was honored when the Diva and Scar-Lit asked me to represent Black Orchid on the panel of judges... However, I'm not usually a fan of putting women in competition with each other (there's enough of that out there all the time already) so I was a bit nervous too.

I wore my new Wolf corset dress for the first time and LOVED it... it fits so snugly and feels extremely glamorous. Helna and Mark made the dress according to a picture that I gave them and it's perfect, I really reccommend them!

Back to the competition... I arrived and as usual, Gotham was SMOKEY and dark. However, I must have looked the burlesque part, as a little pathway opened up across the dance floor to let me through and I felt like royalty for just a moment... moments later however, my eyes started watering from the smoke and I was reminded that corset, hair and heels do not make one immortal or immune!

The competition started with a beautiful performance of 'Fever' by Diva Disa Star and Scar-Lit Hearts, with both of them looking beautiful and mischevious in their bustles and bras. It was great seeing them performing the routine now that I know it and can appreciate what goes into it.

Each contestant was really fantastic... from the first number to the last, we were entertained, teased and left wanting more...

I had so much fun!

I was really sad that 2 of the girls didn't make it through to the finals... I learnt something from each of the dancers and now need to get working on my act for next week... I have a few ideas, not quite sure how to put them into practise but will hope for the best...

Till next time
Lady M

PS Foxy... you were great... If you go down to the woods today... you better not go alone!

No comments: